Computer Technology Handout
2. What is a computer system?
2. A programmable machine that accepts data – natural facts and figures – and operations (or manipulates) it into information people can use 2. A machine that performs tasks, including calculations or electronic interaction, under the power over a set of recommendations called a system. Programs generally reside in the computer and are retrieved and processed by the computer's electronics. The program the desired info is stored or routed to output gadgets, such as video display watches or computer printers. Computers execute a wide variety of actions reliably, accurately, and quickly. (Microsoft Encarta) Computer Technology
5. What is software?
* Technology that involves computing devices and peripherals used to speed up solving problems and enhance productivity Communications Technology
* Precisely what is (tele)communications?
* The digital transfer of data from one spot to another 5. What is telecoms technology?
* Technology that contains electromagnetic products and devices for connecting over very long distances. 2. ex. phone, radio, tv, cable
* Precisely what is information technology?
* Technology that merges processing with excessive communication links carrying info, sound and online video Technological Affluence
* a. k. a digital convergence
* Identifies the scientific merger of several industries through numerous devices that exchange information in the e-mail used by pcs * Sectors are: computer systems, electronics, entertainment, mass media Guidelines in Computer Technology
* Smaller in size
* Good luck
* Less expensive
5 kinds of computers
* Classification based generally on control speed and storage capacity 2. Supercomputers – high potential computers applied mainly for study * Mainframes – much less powerful than supercomputers
5. Minicomputers – or mid-range computers; essentially scaled-down mainframes * Microcomputers – tiny computers which could fit on a desktop or perhaps in a person's briefcase 5. Types:
* Computer system Computers – designed to lay on (or under) a desk or stand * Work stations – pricey desktop equipment used mainly by engineers, scientists, and animators intended for sophisticated reasons. * Notebook computers – approximates the shape associated with an 8. 5” x 11” notebook. a. k. a. Laptops, they operate on alternating currents or special power packs * Tablets – gives full features of a notebook but are lighter and usually welcomes input via a stylus pen 5. Classification based mainly in processing rate and memory space * Supercomputers – substantial capacity personal computers used mainly for research 5. Mainframes – less highly effective than supercomputers
* Minicomputers – or midrange computer systems; essentially scaled-down mainframes * Microcomputers – small personal computers that can fit on a desktop or in one's briefcase * Types:
* Desktop Personal computers – made to sit on (or under) a desk or perhaps table * Workstations – expensive computer's desktop machines utilized mainly by engineers, experts, and computer animators for complex purposes. 2. Notebook computers – approximates the shape of an almost 8. 5” x 11” notebook computer. a. t. a. Notebooks, they work on alternating power or unique batteries * Tablet PCs – offers complete functionality of your notebook tend to be lighter and generally accepts input from a stylus dog pen Developments in Communications Technology
5. Better connection channels
2. Copper cable -> concentrique -> fibers optics
2. Wired + wireless
* Better communication networks
5. LAN -> INTERNET
2. Better sending and receiving gadgets
* cell phones, fax equipment
* Bluetooth, wi-fi technology
Effects of Digital Convergence
5. Refers to attaching computers to just one...
Relationship between regulation and marketplace structures Mohammad Harb EGT task 3 05/31/2013 Romance between ..
Lit Review Students all across the world have to make a decision before they ..